Between the 100-degree heat and the wind, my sinuses have been kicking me today. I stumbled on an aromatherapy recipe suggested for antihistamine relief and paired it with a couple restorative poses for deepening the breath. I can breathe again!
Let me know how it works for you. I’d love to hear back in the comments!
- Lemon essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Coconut oil
Mix small palmful of coconut oil with a few drops of each of the other oils and place on the bottom of your feet.
Pose 1: Mountainbrook
1. Place a bolster (or pillow) at one end of your yoga mat, flat.
2. Fold 2 blankets in half and roll lengthwise, about halfway. Place blankets at the back of your mat, with enough space between the two rolls for your shoulder blades. Lie back so that one roll is comfortably under you neck, the other just below the tips of your shoulder blades to create a soft backbend. Arms can open wide to the sides.
3. Place bolster under knees. You can also place a towel under your feet to not get oil on your mat.
4. Close your eyes and find a long smooth inhale, long smooth exhale. Stay for 10 minutes or so.
Pose 2: Supported Side Stretch
1. Set aside blanket that was under neck and bolster. Roll to one side so that the blanket under your shoulders is under the side of your ribcage.
2.Stretch arms overhead and clasp hands.
3. Stretch legs apart until comfortable. Stay for 3 minutes or so then switch sides.